Following the fantastic success of Hennie Niemann Jnr’s 2010 Online Auction, he has worked with great care and dedication to assemble a new collection of 21 oil paintings for this year’s online auction.
The artist’s objective with this body of work has been to develop and refine his technique and stylistic approach, as well as to introduce new subject matter to his oeuvre. These oils reflect Hennie Jnr’s longstanding fascination with the beautiful women and interesting characters found in his portrait studies, his exploration of the human form in studies of nudes and bathers, and his prowess in constructing his typically colourful and well balanced interior and still life compositions.
The objective of this second annual online auction of 21 new paintings, is to allow everybody an equal opportunity to acquire Hennie Niemann Jnr’s work. The artist has decided that this is the fairest and most practical process by which all interested buyers can bid for works they wish to purchase.
Bidding will start at 10h00 on Wednesday 20 April 2011. For practical reasons, the deadlines for bidding have been spaced over 3 days from 4 to 6 May 2011.
The hourly deadlines for individual paintings will be from 11h00 to 17h00 on:
• Wednesday, 4 May for paintings 1 – 7
• Thursday, 5 May for paintings 8 – 14
• Friday, 6 May for paintings 15 – 21
Please check the hourly deadlines at which bidding on the particular paintings you are interested in will finish. Bids can be made by:
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone to 021 4236075
SMS to 082 5664631
Conditions of sale
- Reserve prices for the paintings are indicated on the website and in the catalogue. The current highest bids will be displayed on the website as soon as we have received them.
- Buyers are welcome to leave commission bids, with instructions regarding bidding increments, with the gallery. Such bidders will be notified every time a higher bid is logged.
- Should there be more than one active bidder during the last 15 minutes before a deadline, all the active bidders will be phoned to conclude the bidding process for that lot by phone.
- No additional buyer’s premium is charged, which means that there are no extra sales charges added to the amount that is bid.
- Shipping and crating charges will be for the account of the buyer.
- Johans Borman Fine Art Gallery undertakes to conduct this auction process in a fair and transparent manner. Should any dispute arise, it will be resolved at our absolute discretion.
To view the Hennie Niemann Jnr 2011 Online Auction catalogue click here (It may take a while to load)
To view the Hennie Niemann Jnr archive click here
To view the artist’s CV click here
Other Hennie Niemann Jnr exhibitions:
Hennie Niemann Jnr - 2010
Hennie Niemann Jnr - 2008
Hennie Niemann Jnr - 2006
© Johans Borman Fine Art